Cassette Rip Masterpost (download - télécharger - скачать)

Monday, January 18, 2021

My cassettes are here!!! + to do

Okay so a couple of weeks ago I bought a handful of cassettes (and also a record) and so I've been waiting for a little bit for them to get to my house and the tracking information says they're here/will be here soon! I have to wait a little bit to see them since I'm under the age of 18 and still go back and forth between houses (that should be changing later this year, but I don't know for certain), but I'm still super excited to get there!

When I can, I'll do what I can to rip the tapes and everything like I've done for Ledi-Disko. Here's what I got, though:

  • Kodas, Rolandas Kindaravičius - Disko Ritme
  • Various - 3'as Smūgis
  • Ekstazė - Aš Ir Tu

I also got Ledi-Disko's Supermergaitė album, but the tracking number doesn't work so I'm just gonna have to wait the old fashioned way for it to show up (not that I have much faith). And if you're curious about the record, it's Төлеген Мұхамеджанов - Ақ Желкен! A Kazakh compilation album, featuring my favourite Дос-Мукасан song.

It should be noted that, aside my already existing struggle to rip tapes well, the Ekstazė album was not given the best quality rating when I got it (as in, it's been used quite a lot). I'll still do my best with the tools I have, though - and I feel like this is obvious, but once I get better tools I'm absolutely going at this again with all of the tapes I own!

Ripping actual records might take a lot more work (I have only two of five I want to rip, but still) and I don't have the proper equipment for that yet, but rest assured I'll get to that eventually. 

I also want to mention that I think I'm open to suggestions on what to rip? If you have an album you like you're free to send me a message somewhere and I'll see what I can do (though if I don't like the album/can't find a place to get it, then I probably won't do it). First I'll search online to see if it's been uploaded, but otherwise I'll just rip it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment